March 25 2019
Our client is one of the world’s most well-known brands in animal welfare products, serving the needs of farriers, horse owners and veterinarians. With over two centuries of experience, they have been closely working and engaging with their customer markets. Over 600 committed employees ensure the production and delivery of exceptional products across the world: in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia/Australia. Glasford International has been asked to deliver on a retained search for a strategic, yet hands-on, global CFO.
The CFO is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations.
- Translates business strategy into a solid financial strategy, budgeting, forecasting and evaluation, including metrics and control systems tied to that strategy.
- Prepares, controls and guides on short term, mid-term and long-term financial performance.
- Supervise the full implementation and application of all financial processes – and propose improvements wherever possible.
- Ensures prompt alert on risk assessment and follow up of corrective actions plans.
- Actively bring knowledge to the development of all global operations, in close cooperation with the management team, local business teams and finance colleagues.
- Manage a globally spread team of 25 FTE accounting staff and a small IT team.
- Located in Lelystad (the Netherlands) and involves frequent global travelling.
- A master's degree in accounting or business administration.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible finance management experience for a medium-sized international organization or division of a large multinational.
- Experienced in manufacturing-to-retail and/or consumer goods with online business channels.
- Experienced in developing strategies for sustainable value creation to ensure success.
- Experienced in leading a small global (multi-located) team and external suppliers through routine activities as well as initiatives.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure.
- Strong analytical skills, especially on the business-financial side with a track record on strategic development and implementation.
- Proven ability to challenge, motivate and partner with the MT members to foster innovation and lead change, e.g. lean optimization and customer focus programs.
- Proven organizational and project management skills.
- Self-confident, positive, self-driven, proactive and solution oriented.
- Dynamic, right blend of strategic thinking and hands on approach.
- A strong communicator, happy person, relates easily with collaborators of different levels and (cultural) backgrounds.
- Preferable experience in ERP implementations (MS Navision).
- Fluency in English and knowledge of Spanish is an advantage (any other language is a plus).